Friday, October 23, 2009

My Fabulous Four-Hour Vacation

in exotic Tacoma! I visited the Museum of Glass.

The day I was there, they were making single-color cake stands. Boring! On the plus side, the Hot Shop is inside a volcano (-shaped part of the building) and it's toasty warm.

Here's a close-up view of the outside of the volcano:

And here's the inside, looking up:

Part of the ceiling of the pedestrian bridge to the museum (all glass) :

The wall of the pedestrian bridge over the interstate:

A fountain in the plaza:

An efficient mode of transportation:

2 comments:

Julia said...

I was so entranced by the signs and flags on the bike that I just now noticed that the guy is wearing short shorts and legwarmers. Now it's even funnier.

Tyana said...

i think you have a future in vacation planning. the four hour option looks wonderful. i'll add it to my list of must see...